School Counselor is a certified teacher with a master's degree in school
counseling, including course work in career development, human growth
and behavior, guidance and information services, and a supervised
Memorial Middle School Guidance Office
(individual phone numbers are listed below)
• Mr. Andrew Crowley - Students with last names that begin with A - L
• Ms. Judy Montalbano - Students with last names that begin with M - Z
• Mrs. Yeager- Student Assistance Counselor
• By age 21, today's young people will face more decisions than their grandparents faced in a lifetime.
• One out of five families move each year.
• Everyone faces career decisions.
Young People Face Greater Risks Than Previous Generations
• Young people face critical decisions about sexuality.
• Young people face increasing violence in our society and in their schools.
• Some young people face hopelessness that can lead to self-destructive behavior.
Young adolescents affected by these and other problems are not able to
achieve to their full academic potential. The counselor's primary task
is to help them become better learners by providing a comprehensive
program that includes responsive services, individual planning, systems
support and a guidance curriculum.
Middle School Counselors Believe
• Students at the middle level are in a significant period of transition.
• Young adolescence is an important transition period which is a normal part of the developmental process of growing up.
• Young adolescents change more in every aspect of life than in any other developmental period except infancy.
• Young adolescents benefit most from a team effort involving teachers, parents, students and administrators.
Young adolescents need a healthy self-concept and motivation to learn
in order to be successful during this critical transition period.
Middle School Counselors Help Our Children Prepare for the Future by
• Assisting students in developing personal awareness and exploring career goals.
• Counseling students regarding career planning and preparation.
• Helping develop communication and interpersonal skills needed to relate well to others.
• Providing a comprehensive and developmental guidance and counseling program that impacts all students.
• Assisting students academically, socially, and emotionally in the 21st century
Middle School Counselors help Our Children Find Success in School by
• Helping develop positive attitudes among students, towards self, family and community
Counseling with students individually and in groups to understand and
appreciate their unique qualities and to grow personally and socially.
• Supporting students in developing an individual plan for academic success.
Developing and delivering classroom guidance lessons that teach skills
such as making healthy decisions, resolving conflicts and respecting
• Assisting students in becoming invested in their school
success by showing them how school performance relates to career
• Working collaboratively with students to identify and remove barriers that may impede student achievement.